This is role is for an experienced and passionate energy efficiency specialist to join a very innovative and high level multi-disciplinary consultancy for the built and human environment. As a Senior Energy Consultant you will be constantly tested to design and deliver state of the art energy infrastructure and masterplan strategies for a wide range of projects. This role requires exemplary Engineering skills matched with excellent written and spoken communication abilities.
- Preferably MEng / MSc in mechanical engineering or similar; BEng / BSc in mechanical engineering likely to be minimum requirement
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) and membership of CIBSE (or similar)
- Core knowledge of mechanical or electrical services and energy technology/systems/ including Heat Pumps, low to zero carbon technologies, CHP, heat networks, batteries, smart grids, etc.
- Core knowledge in micro-climate and passive design principles
- Experience in compliance modelling including SAP, IES or similar
- Experience in modelling of unregulated loads, thermal comfort and daylighting studies
- A wider interest in environmental and social sustainability themes, such as green infrastructure, circular economy and embodied carbon
- An interest in developing smart cities strategies, including large scale renewable installations and communal batteries
- Knowledge and experience in applying policies relating to sustainable development.
- Preferably will be BREEAM AP, LEED AP, or similar.
Qualification / Experience
- Experience in preparing Sustainability and Energy Statements for planning
- Project leadership
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience in undertaking feasibility studies to test different options against whole life cost and carbon criteria
- Delivery of high-quality technical advice, client reports, technical publications, presentations and training materials, etc.
- Client facing skills including expert support during design team meetings and business development
- Excellent project management, financial management, and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to clients, engineers and architects
- Take a thoughtful approach to their work and embrace creative approaches to delivery
- Experience in understanding opportunities in relation to sustainable development
This is a great opportunity to join a very forward thinking and innovative company, who are renowned for their collaborative and friendly work environment. Alongside a competitive salary and benefits, you can expect a full training and support programme to keep your career at the highest level.