Capacity Market Expert
Location: Hybrid - Occasional requirement in London office
We are currently engaged with the UK's leading developer of utility-scale Energy Storage and eMobility infrastructure projects, with international operations and offices in 4 geographical regions.
We are currently hiring for a Capacity Market Expert to take ownership of the company's Capacity Market activities pre and post award for the company's >1000MW pipeline of grid scale batteries and EV sites, interacting within team members such as; projects managers and the financial team to ensure the company are securing Capacity Market Contracts.
As Capacity Market Expert you will be in charge of;
- Manage the pre-qualification of assets in collaboration with business development teams, including data gathering, exhibit creation and application submission.
- Control pre-auction processes to enable the company to win desired contracts. This includes credit cover payment, planning consent and Demand Side Response capacity submission, and auction pricing strategy in collaboration with Commercial Analytics and external forecast providers.
- Submit auction bids to win desired contracts and report on results.
- Deliver post-auction activities to meet all pre-contract milestones – Financial and Substantial Completion Milestones, six-monthly progress reports, meter assessments and tests and DSR tests.
- With the Operations team deliver ongoing contract management through timely submission of Satisfactory Performance Days and Extended Performance Tests.
- Stay up-to-date on changes to Capacity Market rules and opportunities to add value through secondary trading.
- Experience managing Capacity Market
Desirable but non-essential skills and competencies:
- Driven and thinking outside of the box
- Driven to explore new opportunities with V2G and in similar markets abroad
If you can see yourself at a company that is growing rapidly, dominating the market and competition, and want to join a team of highly trained professionals, then please apply!