Senior Energy Modeller
Location: Hybrid - Occasional requirement in London office
We are currently engaged with the UK's leading developer of utility-scale Energy Storage and eMobility infrastructure projects, with international operations and offices in 4 geographical regions.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Energy Modeller to join lead the businesses Energy Modelling unit as part of the Commercial Analytics team. The role will focus on designing, developing and managing the company's bespoke Python-based modelling tools, to be hosted on the internal models and analytics platform. The platform will provide stakeholders across the business with seamless access to critical tools and modelling capabilities.
- Advanced Python abilities, especially within analysis of large datasets (Pandas, numpy, etc.). Understanding of control flow, functional and object-oriented programming, algorithmic thinking, and wider software design principles and practices
- Experience designing models in Python to optimise commercial / operational performance of infrastructure, especially energy-related assets e.g. storage, (charging) electric vehicles, generators, electricity networks
- Project management capabilities
Desirable but non-essential skills and competencies:
- Experience with Confluence/JIRA and/or other Agile tools / frameworks
- Experience with: Streamlit, AWS (especially EC2, S3), Linear Programming / Mixed Integer Programming (especially in Python e.g. PuLP, Pyomo), Monte Carlo Simulation, bokeh, Streamlit, seaborn, Plotly, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Numba
- Experience in creating Python packages and/or Containers (e.g. using Docker)
- Knowledge of statistics, graph theory, and/or Operations Research
If you can see yourself at a company that is growing rapidly, dominating the market and competition, and want to join a team of highly trained professionals, then please apply!