Job title: Sales Manager
Duration: Fulltime Permanent
Location: Hybrid – London/ Nottingham (mostly remote)
One of our utilities client is looking for Sales Manager.
- Work in partnership with our team of Developers and Business Analysts for all sales leads and sales opportunities.
- Drive volume of sales by managing the complete sales process from prospecting to closing.
- Identify and uncover new business opportunities through a variety of sources (CRM/Website/LinkedIn)
- Collate information regarding key decision makers, business strategy etc. for all new or existing players in the utility market to assist with the sales process.
- Be a key networker in the industry and responsible for identifying new sales leads through a variety of media including networking, attending events and research.
- Identify areas for revenue growth and cross/up sell opportunities
- Assist with creating marketing collateral
- Demonstrable enterprise data sales, utility solution selling sales experience.
- Have experience in account management or new business development with a strong track record of performance.
- Solid sales forecasting abilities and revenue achievement.
- A background in inbound and outbound prospecting and closing of new business.
- Ability to close both strategic/complex deals as well as regular run rate smaller deals.
- Minimum of 3-5 years utility industry experience.
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience of consultative selling, ideally within data, software, analytics or consultancy solutions.
- Commercial focus and understanding of value based pricing.
- Can demonstrate examples of inspiring new and existing customers to commit to a journey of transformation, utilising technology as a platform.
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up.
- Good inter-personal skills. Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders.
- Comfortable in presenting at client meetings and industry events.
- The candidate must be able to understand complex solutions and then be able to explain to others in clear and simple terms.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses sound commercial and financial judgement.