Quality Engineer – Utilities (Electrical)
Up to £43K
- Provide ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management advice to other advisors, managers, employees, contractors, and clients during the tendering and construction phases.
- Contributes to the review of existing procedures/processes and the development of new ones. Procedures include both central and project/contract-specific procedures. Within the directorate, there will also be participation in communication, implementation, and monitoring.
- Compliance with ISO 9001: 2015, procedures, legal and moral obligations, as well as national, international, and client standards, is monitored. Capable of planning project audits against agreed-upon level 2, 3, and 4 timelines. Will conduct audits of quality management systems, generate audit reports, and ensure that findings are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assists and advises Project Managers on quality-related project documents and requirements. Creates appropriate inductions, training, and communication materials for the project team and subcontractors. Gathers lessons learned and keeps the project cost of a poor-quality process in check. Provide quality-related updates to Project Managers for inclusion in monthly reports. Supports any quality management system incident investigations as needed.
- Provide a monitoring function to ensure that suppliers, subcontractors, and the services they provide meet or exceed the expectations of the company's quality management system. This may include conducting external audits and random performance inspections of field teams to identify issues that need to be addressed while also highlighting good performance.
- Monitor on-site material and equipment certification, including tool calibration, to ensure compliance with client and project requirements. Compile final data book documentation, associated project records must be kept.
- Allows for third-party audits by external certification bodies. To ensure that certification requirements are met, champions effective quality management system processes in the business.
- HNC qualification (minimum requirement) in a discipline such as Quality Management, Construction, Project Management, or Technical/Engineering.
- Be a Practitioner member of the Chartered Quality Institute at a minimum, with aspirations to achieve Chartered status.
- It is necessary to have demonstrable quality management system experience gained in the construction industry (no manufacturing or other experience would be acceptable).
- Be a trained QMS Auditor/Internal QMS Auditor with ISO 9001: 2015 auditing experience.
- Self-motivated and independent, as well as a good communicator with a flexible approach to problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to obtain various client access passes and licences required to work in UK industries such as airports, defence, nuclear, rail, and underground rail.
- Possess a valid UK driving licence
- The ability to be flexible in their approach to work and to prioritise assigned projects or contracts as directed by the Quality and Assurance Manager and Project Manager;
- It would be preferable if you could audit to ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 45001: 2018.
- It would be advantageous to be familiar with ISO 55001: 2014, ISO 44001: 2017, ISO 19650-1: 2018, ISO 19650-2: 2018, ISO 19650-3: 2020, and ISO 19650-5: 2020.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships within a team as well as with other employees and clients within the company;
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning, and decision-making abilities at all levels of seniority;
- Knowledge of IT software packages such as Microsoft Office is required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, feel free to contact Jakub on 020 4513 6430 or alternatively reach by email on firstname.lastname@example.org