Construction Estimator (Civils)
Location – Germany (remote)
Salary – Up to €100K
- Examine the project specifications, drawings, and descriptions to comprehend the project's requirements, delivery schedule, and task scope.
- Calculating how much labour, material, equipment, and service will be needed for the project. This is accomplished by calculating the cost of each item using estimating tools, historical data, and industry expertise.
- Site inspections and evaluations to collect data on accessibility, possible obstacles, and other elements that could influence the price estimate.
- To obtain accurate and current information, collaborate closely with project managers, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors. Work together with the project team to clarify any doubts or uncertainties about the project's scope.
- Examine and judge supplier and subcontractor bids to determine which is more affordable and appropriate for the project.
- Get estimates ready, show them to important clients and stakeholders, and address any queries or worries they might have.
- Track the status of the project and make comparisons between estimated and actual expenditures. Recognise and report any noteworthy variances, and offer the project team direction and assistance.
- Maintaining a record of cost estimates that includes all computations, sources, and suppositions. report preparation in accordance with business requirements or project stakeholders' needs.
- Remain current on developments in the field, including new materials, building techniques, and laws that may affect price estimates.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or a similar discipline (or comparable work experience or education).
- Demonstrated expertise in calculating quotes for the construction sector.
- Confident use of tools and software for calculations.
- Excellent analytical abilities and a meticulous nature
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication.
- Capacity for both alone and group work.
- Strong time management and organising abilities.
- Understanding of pertinent laws and construction contracts.
- knowledge of the rules and regulations that apply in the building sector.
- The ability to handle several projects at once and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Excellent command of both German and English.
- Drivers licence