Senior Credit Controller
£30,000-35,000kpa (Depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time, 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
A leading independent B2B energy supply company are looking for an ambitious Credit Controller to join their ever-evolving business with personal development and progression aligned to the continued growth and success of the business. You will be directly involved in the day-to-day management of cash flow and their credit control process as a whole.
- Driving the credit control function through ownership of debt ledger
- Managing key accounts and high value portfolios.
- Liaising with brokers, managing agents to assist with account management.
- Circulation of weekly Aged Debt reports both internally and externally
- Chasing overdue invoices by phone and email on a regular basis.
- Monitor & respond to credit control queries via telephone & email.
- Allocating payment onto CRM system & liaise with customers for remittance advise.
- Regular review on unallocated cash and re allocations within Key TPIs.
- Load direct debit payment files generated by CRM system.
- Clear tickets raised by aged debt on CRM system via telephone, email, and letters.
- Raising invoices and adding manual charges to customer accounts.
- Liaise with bailiffs to arrange site & pre-disconnection visits.
- Instruct solicitors and third-party debt collection in respect of uncollectable debt.
- Work with our credit insurer to report and monitor any customers who begin insolvency proceedings.
- Processing refunds where applicable.
- Liaising with operations and sales teams to resolve any ongoing issues.
- Monitoring of credit limits and credit risk for existing customers.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working within an office – based environment
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office, with a strength in Excel;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within Credit Control.
- Previous experience within the energy industry.
- Experience with Administration/Liquidation/Insolvency would be an advantage.